Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Chad Johnson Vows to be His "Normal" Self

 Chad Johnson is done taking all of the blame for the way things went in his one season with the New England Patriots. Johnson vowed to be his old self, explaining his plans for this season.
"I'm going back to my normal ways," Johnson told the newspaper after a photo shoot for Zico Coconut Water. "My normal ways, when I was at my best, when I got fined, look at the production those years. Usually things don't go right when you try to change the way you do things. I'm back to normal. My personality was controlled last year. You didn't hear me at all last year. Zero. Zilch. When my mouth is running, it forces me to perform. It's never been vindictive. I never got anybody in trouble. ... When I can be me, I am loose. Everything just flows for me, whether it's the style of play, the way I learn."
 Chad Johnson has been one of the most entertaining players of the past decade, so last July when he was traded to the New England Patriots, most people thought he would become a favorite target of future hall-of-fame quarterback Tom Brady. 

Johnson never got on the same page with the Patriots and struggled the entire season. His 16 receptions for 276 yards and 1 TD were all career lows. He was released from the Patriots in June and within a few days, became a member of his hometown Miami Dolphins.

 The wide receiver formerly known as 'Ochocinco' says that this season will be different from day one of training camp.
“This season is going to be a monster year. I don’t care who’s playing quarterback. I’m going to have a great year,” Johnson said. “The first day I get to camp, everybody’s mouth can drop [the bleep] open. My game is at the point where it doesn’t matter who starts at quarterback. Oprah can play quarterback and we’ll be all right.”
 Hopefully, Johnson can recapture his old form and give the Dolphins a threat on the outside to replace wide receiver Brandon Marshall who they traded in the offseason.


Chad Johnson vows to regain his old form and prove his doubters wrong
 this season as a member of his hometown Miami Dolphins. 



Follow me on twitter: @James_Rapien

No comments:

Post a Comment