Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Taking Away Basketball Hoops? That's Un-American

           When local radio show host Mo Egger mentioned this video during his show, I couldn't really believe it. I cannot wrap my mind around taxpayers’ money going toward the removal of basketball hoops. What motive could there be behind it? Maybe, the state of Delaware wanted to keep the neighborhood quiet? Oh, is it a fire hazard? No, it isn't and they are both bad arguments. This country has a lot more to worry about than basketball hoops and should let kids play basketball because it is an innocent game. It keeps them doing something beneficial and constructive. A basketball hoop at the end of a cul-de-sac is American and is tradition to be quite honest. Mo Egger said "I'm not sure I want to live in a country where kids can't shoot some hoops in the street." I agree simply because basketball hoops do not hurt neighborhoods. Check out this video and watch how the officer lies to the man. He and his wife are a little weird, but taking their basketball hoop is completely ridiculous.



1 comment:

  1. yeah i've seen this. The fact that a dude would go out of his way to have a damn basketball hoop taken down is ridiculous. What happened to letting the children have fun?? I mean really? I don't know it just don't make any sense. And then the fact that this lady will say we can lay it in your drive way but then says, "you can come get it." Thats extremely shady.

    ReplyDelete